The first week and I’m already behind. Though happy to see some new reality coming back I’ll definitely have to limit the tennis watching.
- End of the F***ing World (Net) Series Premiere, Friday 1/5 – I missed this on last week’s list and it’s getting some good buzz so wanted to call it out
- ANTM (VH1) Season Premiere, Tuesday, 8pm – Yes, Tyra is back and looking at women of all (relatively) ages.
- Ink Master (Spike) Season Premiere, Tuesday, 10pm – This season they’re bringing three ‘masters’ back to act as team leaders to coach competitors.
- Alone Together (Free) Series Premiere, Wednesday, 8:30pm – Millennial platonic couple navigates the world of LA, comedically.
- The Critics’ Choice Awards (CW) Thursday, 8pm – Another awards show I won’t watch but am mildly interested in the results, though this year I am further behind on movies than ever.
- My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman (Net) Series Premiere, Friday – Letterman is back doing interviews in a more focused form and starts with Obama.
- Philip K Dick’s Electric Dreams (Am) Series Premiere, Friday – A new sci-fi anthology series based on Dick’s work and featuring some good talent, I’m only on season 2 of Black Mirror.
- Australian Open (ESPN2) Sunday, 4pm – Let the first Grand Slam of the year begin.
Some season premieres of shows to check for dvr recording if you’re watching this sort of thing: The Magicians (Syfy) Wednesday, 9pm; Taken (NBC) Friday, 9pm; Victoria (PBS) Saturday, 9pm; Divorce/Crashing (HBO) Sunday, 10/10:30pm.
The procrastinator lists items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.