Well I finally finished The Wire! And it was well worth watching, although it does hold the test of time it would have been nice to see some of the technology elements in real time. And now I’m continuing on with Deadwood and the rest of the roundup but starting to eye what missed series to visit next.
- Australian Open (ESPN2) – First week play.
- Black Lightening (CW) Series Premiere, Tuesday, 9pm – A superhero is drawn back into his old persona getting some initial good buzz.
- The Paynes (OWN) Series Premiere, Tuesday, 9pm – A spinoff from Tyler Perry’s House of Payne starts with a road trip to Florida.
- The Path (Hulu) Season Premiere, Wednesday – This cult show returns.
- The Assassination of Gianni Versace (Fx) Season Premiere, Wednesday, 10pm – It’s reportedly not another OJ but still worth a look.
- Corporate (Com) Series Premiere, Wednesday, 10pm – A new comic look work looking at two downtrodden employees of a multinational corporation.
- Grace & Frankie (Net) Season Premiere, Friday – Though not earth shattering I have still be finding this show amusing.
- Counterpart (Starz) Series Premiere, Sunday, 8pm – Espionage, intrigue, and government conspiracies oh and a parallel dimension J.K. Simmons
- SAG Awards (TNT) Sunday, 8pm – Kristen Bell hosts.
- The Resident (Fox) Series Premiere, Sunday, 10pm – This look from the POV of three different doctors at three different stages looks annoying from the previews but with some good talent I’ll still check it out.
The procrastinator lists items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.