With the majority of Fall tv out I’m starting to winnow down the queue to get back to saving some time for things like The Wire.
- The Long Road Home (NGC) Series Premiere, Tuesday, 9pm – A dramatic retelling of an ambush during the Iraq War, though I’m tempted to add historical dramas to the other sort of series I’m not watching I’ve read some good reviews of this.
- Damnation (USA) Series Premiere, Tuesday, 10pm – a man masquerading as a preaching during 1930s in the American heartland, doesn’t sound that compelling.
- CMA Awards (ABC) Wednesday, 8pm – Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood host.
- Hot Date (Pop) Series Premiere, Wednesday, 8pm – A comedy focusing on the social mores of dating, sex, and marriage.
- The Climb (Am) Series Premiere, Friday – A new comedy looking at a couple of friends in Detroit trying to get internet famous.
- Lady Dynamite (Net) Season Premiere, Friday – I never got into this show but her particular style of comedy resonates well with some peeps.
- Sea Oak (Am) Series Premiere, Friday – From George Saunders based on his story about a meek woman played by Glen Close killed who comes back with determination to live the life she never had.
The procrastinator lists items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.