So there was a bit of a delay this week due to some technical difficulties. Next week I’ll shoot for a restart but in case you might be missing anything here are some of the noteworthy.
- Surviving Escobar (Net) Series Premiere, Tuesday – The life of Pablo from the moment he decides to surrender based on a book, eh wasn’t that into Narcos.
- Manhunt: Unabomber (Disc) Series Premiere, Tuesday, 9pm – Paul Bettany takes a run as the unabomber as the series focuses on the FBI profiler tracks him, maybe.
- The Lowe Files (A&E) Series Premiere, Wednesday, 10pm – I don’t normally point out reality but Rob Lowe and kids checking out the spooky somehow couldn’t resist a nod (I think I read that he once saw Bigfoot).
- The Sinner (USA) Miniseries Premiere, Wednesday, 10pm – Jessica Biel is at least supposed to be good in this whydunnit after she randomly stabs some guy on the beach.
- The Guest Book (TBS) Series Premiere, Thursday, 10pm – Another riff on a new tale in a hotel this one tells new stories of a rental cabin in a reportedly amusing way.
- What Would Diplo Do? (Vice) Series Premiere, Thursday, 10pm – James Van Der Beek has done a few nice turns so I’m intrigued by his spin as EDM DJ.
- Comrade Detective (Am) Series Premiere, Friday – Hard to know what to make of this cop show comedy set in 80’s Romania in Romanian with English dubbed over by Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- Wet Hot American Summer (Net) Season Premiere, Friday – Much of the celeb cast return for a ‘reunion’ episode where they revisit the camp counselors, probably only worthy for those who truly enjoyed the first rounds.
- Sharknado 5 (Syfy) Sunday, 8pm – Yep they’re still doing these.
- Ray Donovan (Show) Season Premiere, Sunday, 9pm – Not that anyone who watches this show needs a reminder but it’s back.
The procrastinator lists items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.