I just wrapped up GLOW on Netflix, which was quite good but I just didn’t love it as much as I had hoped, for me it took a bit for the more dramatic mix of this half hour show to find its footing. And enjoying some summer fare like Killjoys, Orphan Black, Queen Sugar, Wynonna Earp, Playing House, and Animal Kingdom. Still need to take a pass at Broadchurch and the new Prime Suspect: Tennison.
- Wimbledon (ESPN) Monday, 4am – The first round of this fortnight begins.
- Tour de France (NBCSN) Monday, 5am – Apparently I no longer have this on my radar because it started on Saturday, too much tv for me to follow this race but might catch a replay of the preshow on Monday before the regular time race to get the lay of the land.
- 4th of July Fireworks (NBC) Tuesday, 8pm – In case you don’t want to leave your home but still want to see the sparkle and some performances.
- Snowfall (Fx) Series Premiere, Wednesday, 10pm – The rise of crack in LA in the 80s has gotten more talk of potential than raves about the start of the series.
- Pure (Hulu) Series Premiere, Friday – Import of a Canadian drama about a Mennonite pastor battling drug trafficking in his neighborhood.
- Tour de Pharmacy (HBO) Saturday, 10pm – Andy Samberg’s latest comedic entry is a look back at the drug filled cycling, perhaps an amusing break from today’s actual tour?
The procrastinator lists items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.