Looks like mid-season is kicking off with a few new entries.
- Super Bowl Greatest Commercials (CBS) Tuesday, 8pm – Hosts Boomer Esiason and Daniela Ruah count ’em down.
- Showtime at the Apollo (Fox) Wednesday, 8pm – Steve Harvey hosts.
- The 100 (CW) Season Premiere, Wednesday, 9pm – I was super into this show for a while but found it slipping, fan blowback for handling of certain characters aside, but curious to see where we go this season.
- Madiba (BET) Miniseries Premiere, Wednesday, 8pm – I haven’t heard anything about this Laurence Fishburne led Mandela three part account.
- Powerless (NBC) Series Premiere, Thursday, 8:30pm – A comedic entry into the DC Comics world where every day folk toil around superhero adjacent insurance scenarios, looks less than groundbreaking but perhaps a look.
- Superior Donuts (CBS) Series Premiere, Thursday, 8:30pm – New school and old school set in a donut shop with Judd Hirsch as the old school, gives possibilities for this comedy to find its stride.
- Training Day (CBS) Series Premiere, Thursday, 10pm – Another questionable entry into the movie premise spun for TV with Bill Baxton as a reportedly less menacing Denzel.
- Santa Clarita Diet (Net) Series Premiere, Friday – I’d watch Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant in anything so I’ll tune into what looks like a tongue in cheek suburban zombie fare.
- 24: Legacy (Fox) Sunday, 7:30pm – Rumor has it this has some of the pros and cons about the original 24 so use that as you gauge.
The procrastinator lists items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.