It’s been a while, but now that the Oscars are behind us let’s take a look at what’s available in your own home.
- 2 Guns (11/19) – Enjoyable though somewhat ridiculous buddy ‘cop’ flick, Denzel and Marky Mark fun enough shooters.
- About Time (2/4) – Maybe a little too precious but nicely brings you along the designated sentimental and romantic path.
- Captain Phillips (1/21) – Tense throughout… Hanks rocks another good performance.
- Dallas Buyers Club (2/4) – Almost forgot it was McConaughey during his and other’s great portrayals, almost.
- Drinking Buddies (12/3) – Small moments make and break it, but can’t hate on Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson.
- Enough Said (1/14) – Bittersweet but lovely to see Gandolfini and JLD showing their onscreen relationship baggage together.
- Fast & Furious 6 (12/10) – No complaints about Fast & Furious 6, fast, furious, and fun… though it is not more than expected.
- Frances Ha (11/12) – A well done film about a woman who is sort of a mess does not make it enjoyable to watch a woman who is sort of a mess, meh.
- Gravity (2/25) – As I was afraid would be the case, totally stressed out, though you know it was pretty well done though not believable at all.
- The Lifeguard (10/8) – Kristen Bell was quite good but I might be a smidge too old to not become despondent over a 29 & 10 mos yr old breakdown.
- Much Ado About Nothing (10/8) – Lovely job on the modern setting, even stopped thinking of them as Wesley and Fred, Joss does like his peeps.
- Nebraska (2/25) – The slow journey outweighs the comic moments but this sorry old man’s touching and painful tale ends up somewhat poetic.
- Pacific Rim (10/15) – Yeah, I don’t know, the robot fighting, I didn’t expect much but still couldn’t quite hold my attention.
- The Spectacular Now (1/14) – Not exactly your typical teen flick it has some nice poignant moments.
- The Way, Way Back (10/22) – A summer coming of age story the way it should be done.
And a few that might be added to my to do list for one reason or another: All Is Lost (2/11), Before Midnight (10/22), Blue is the Warmest Color (2/25), Blue Jasmine (1/21), Don Jon (12/31), Elysium (12/17), Fruitvale Station (1/14), The Heat (10/15), In A World (1/21), Kick-Ass 2 (12/17), The Lone Ranger (12/17), Man of Steel (11/12), Red 2 (11/26), Riddick (1/14), The World’s End (11/19).