New and notable in the week ahead… procrastinator picks are underlined.
- Tour of California (Vs) – Check the week for stages 3-9, usually showing about three times a day, and get a look at some of the top cycling teams.
- Little People, Big World (TLC, 8pm) Season Premiere – They’re heading to Iraq with a surgeon to help some kids.
- American Idol (Fox, 8pm) – Time to get the speed dial ready, and remember it’s a singing competition, let’s get this down to a good top 12.
- Dogg After Dark (MTV, 9pm) Series Premiere – Snoop Dogg gets a variety show.
- Real Housewives of NYC (Brav, 11pm) Season Premiere – New housewife, old tension.
- Little Miss Perfect (WEtv, 10pm) Series Premiere – Junior beauty pageants and their parents compete.
- High School Reunion (TVL, 10pm) Season Premiere – After my high school was in consideration for a season of this I have almost been tempted to tune in, almost.
- Being Erica (Soap, 10pm) Series Premiere – Can you relive old moments in your life, this new series shows a gal do just that?
- Mistresses (BBCA, 8pm) Series Debut – Four ladies have some drama on this new drama.
- Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO, 10pm) Season Premiere -Bill has a real time.
- Late Night with Conan O’Brien (NBC, 12:35am) – Say goodbye to Late Night with Conan O’Brien and hello to The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, but not until June 1.
- Taking Chance (HBO, 8pm) – Do people still do the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, check out this flick if you want fodder.
- 2009 Film Independent’s Spirit Awards (IFC, 9pm) – These awards go indie style.
- Aisha Tyler Is Lit: Live at the Fillmore (Com, 11pm) – I worked with Aisha forever ago at a regular office job and don’t know whether her success inspires or depresses me.
- Barbara Walters Special (ABC, 8:30pm) – Anne Hathaway, Mickey Rourke, Hugh Jackman, and the Jonas Brothers.
- The 100 Most Outrageous Moments 2 (NBC, 9pm) – Outrageous home videos, that must be much better than the funniest home videos.
- The 81st Annual Academy Awards (ABC, 3:30/5/5:30pm) – Silly preshow interviews, awkward host moments with Jackman, boring speeches, and noteworthy fashions, oh and a chance to win my Oscar pool.
* Please note all times are PST.