New and notable in the week ahead… procrastinator picks are underlined.
- Presidential News Conference (various, 5pm*) – Obama talks the talk.
- Top Gear (BBCA, 8pm) Season Premiere – Looks like there is some truck and porsche driving.
- Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (USA & others mon & tues, check your local listings) – Doggies!
- BET Honors (BET, 6pm) – Gabrielle Union hosts the latest honors.
- The Girls of Hedsor Hall (MTV, 9pm) Series Premiere – Another chance for crass girls to turn sophisticated, but this time they ship them to England.
- TI’s Road to Redemption (MTV, 9pm) Series Premiere – Awaiting his own sentencing on weapons charges TI is clearly the model citizen to try to help some at-risk teens.
- From G’s to Gents (MTV, 10pm) Season Premiere – I think they keep these bad boys away from the Girls of Hedsor Hall as they try to make them more gentlemanly.
- Important Things with Demetri Martin (Com, 10:30pm) Series Premiere – Sketch comedy and more.
- NAACP Image Awards (Fox, 8pm) – Halle Berry and Tyler Perry host this one.
- Survivor (CBS, 8pm) Season Premiere – The eliminations start early when they hit the Brazilian highlands.
- Millionaire Matchmaker (Brav, 10pm) Season Premiere – I only caught one ep of this last season but it looked like an annoying owner of an ill equipped dating service helping socially inept men meat their trophy wives.
- Dollhouse (Fox, 9pm) Series Premiere – I do love Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dr Horrible) and I’m willing to give any new series of his more than a few eps of devotion, this latest brings us Buffy’s Faith/Eliza Dushku as one of a set of operatives who get new identities implanted and then wiped clean for weekly missions.
- Tour of California (Vs, 2pm, various times through next week) – They start out in Sacramento…
- My Valentine Charlie Brown/A Charlie Brown Valentine (ABC, 8pm, also on previous Tues) – Romantic problems start in your youth…
- The Amazing Race (CBS, 8pm) Season Premiere – This year we’re going to see among others… the show’s first hearing-impaired contestant, along with some oldsters, some youngsters…
- Eastbound & Down (HBO, 10:30pm) Series Premiere – Washed up big league baseball guy returns to his hometown to do the PE thing.
* Times noted are PST, check your local listings.